Whether you’re a local or visiting the City Beautiful, there are so many things to do for a birthday in Orlando. From awesome experiences you can’t have anywhere else to delicious dinners there are so many choices.
We do have a full list of birthday ideas for adults in Orlando. Let's dive into one of our favorite things to do for a birthday in Orlando: pub crawls!
Pub crawls like progressive dinners give you a chance to hop from one spot to another. The social aspect of a birthday pub crawl is hard to beat. We've got 9 different pub crawl choices for your big celebration.
Birthday Pub Crawls in Orlando
If you want to stick to traditional Orlando destinations, these pub crawls are for you. Exploring the beer scene of Sanford or the excitement of ICON Park or The Pointe Orlando are some of the best things to do for a birthday in Orlando.
- Sanford Beer Tour
- ICON Park
- Pointe Orlando
- Sunset Walk
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Sanford Beer Tour
Have you ever wondered about the history of craft beer in Historic Downtown Sanford? The Sanford Craft Beer & History Tour covers it all! Sanford Brew & History Tour is led by regarded beer aficionado and BJCP Certified Beer Judge, Gary Holmes. Tours last at least 90 minutes.
The craft beer tour costs $29 per person and beer samples are included. Everyone on the tour must be 21 and up to participate in this tour. A valid government-issued ID is required as proof of age.
Of course, you can also build your own Sanford beer pub crawl as one of the things to do for a birthday in Orlando.
These Sanford breweries are listed in order of proximity to each other. If you decide to enjoy a pub crawl by hopping around these breweries remember to pace yourself and be safe.
- Wop's Hops Brewing Company and Kitchen – 419 Sanford Ave, Sanford, FL 32771
- Sanford Brewing Company – 400 Sanford Ave, Sanford, FL 32771
- Dees Brothers Brewing – 210 Magnolia Ave, Sanford, FL 32771
- Deviant Wolfe Brewing – 121 W 1st St, Sanford, FL 32771
There are over 15 different restaurants at ICON Park, plus multiple spots for snacks and treats. You could easily make your own pub crawl here as many of the restaurants have indoor and outdoor bars.
These are our picks for ICON Park restaurants for a birthday pub crawl:
- Tapa Toro
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red
- Sloppy Joe's Orlando
- Tin Roof Orlando
It is best to go in the order listed above. This is based on the location of each stop. And, the liveliness of each destination picks up as you go. Tin Roof Orlando and Blake Shelton’s Ole Red tend to have the liveliest atmospheres as the night goes on.
Happy hours at ICON Park:
- Tapa Toro: Daily happy hour 3-6pm; 2-for-1 drinks, half off house beer/wine/sangria, half price cocktail pitchers, and discounted appetizers
- Tin Roof Orlando: Monday – Friday 4-6pm; $1 OFF Domestic Drafts, $3 Pink Whitney, $3 Fireball, $3 House Wine, plus Saturday: Bottomless Mimosas's 12pm to 3pm, Sunday: Happy Hour 7pm to 10pm (excludes food)
- Yard House: Monday-Friday 3-6pm and Monday-Wednesday late night from 10pm-close; Half-priced pizzas and select appetizers, $2 off all draft beer/wine/spirits/cocktails, $3 off 9oz wine, $4 off half yards
The Pointe Orlando
One of the most exciting destinations along International Drive in Orlando is The Pointe Orlando. We love the upscale dining here mixed with a balance of casual eateries and great shops.
Top picks for a pub crawl at The Pointe Orlando:
- The Hampton Social
- Taverna Opa
- Cuba Libre
- Blue Martini
The last two are great destinations to cap off a birthday pub crawl. Cuba Libre and Blue Martini are great late-night spots for a birthday in Orlando.
This walkable shopping and dining complex has a relaxed island vibe making it ideal for a fun pub crawl. With Margaritaville Orlando Resort right next door, it's a great birthday destination.
These are our picks for Sunset Walk restaurants for a birthday pub crawl:
- Rock N Brews
- The Wharf
- Yeoman's Cask and Lion
- Euphoria Fish House at Margaritaville Orlando Resort
- Estefan Kitchen
Conducting your birthday in Orlando pub crawl in the order above will give you a fun itinerary. And it is a pretty efficient order in which to explore one side of Sunset Walk to the other. It is a tad spread out, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is an incredible resort in the very center of Walt Disney World property. Three hotels make one awesome destination, especially for a birthday pub crawl. There are tons of restaurants and lounges throughout the resort.
Our epic crawl will have you visiting five of the resort’s top bars and eateries:
- Phins – Dolphin hotel lobby bar (Dolphin)
- Todd English's bluezoo (Dolphin)
- Shula's Steak House (Dolphin)
- Rosa Mexicano (Dolphin)
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria (Swan)
- Kimonos (Swan)
Get the full details and itinerary with our guide to an Epic Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Food Crawl.
Birthday in Orlando: Theme Park Pub Crawl
If you love the theme park life then kick it up a notch with these birthday pub crawls in the theme parks. Doing a monorail pub crawl or drinking around the world at EPCOT are popular things to do for a birthday in Orlando. Or, do something a little different involving the Disney Skyliner or a Harry Potter Pub Crawl at Universal.
- Monorail Pub Crawl
- Disney Skyliner Pub Crawl
- Harry Potter Pub Crawl
- Drink Around the World at EPCOT
Few things are as magical for celebrating a Disney adult's birthday as a monorail pub crawl. Oh what fun to board the monorail and hop from one resort to another sipping on signature drinks and yummy bites.
- Stop 1: Enchanted Rose Lounge at Disney's Grand Floridian
- Stop 2: Steakhouse 71 Lounge at Disney's Contemporary
- Stop 3: California Grill at Disney's Contemporary
- Stop 4: Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney's Polynesian Resort
A proper crawl takes some planning so be sure to read through our Complete Guide to a Monorail Pub Crawl.
Another magical pub crawl at Disney takes to the skies. The Disney Skyliner is a fun alternative way to have a birthday in Orlando pub crawl.
DISNEY SKYLINER STATIONS
- Epcot International Gateway: A beautiful station inspired by European and Art Nouveau style with decorative elements that resemble moments of flight welcomes you to Epcot’s World Showcase. With park admission, you’ll enter Epcot via the International Gateway between the France and United Kingdom pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Located near the park’s front entrance, this station mirrors the same Art Deco style. One perk of arriving to the park via the Skyliner is that it’s the only place you get an elevated view of the park.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: The newest Disney resort is home to one of the most elegant stations on the line. The Riviera Resort is a new Disney Vacation Club Resort set to open in December 2019. Currently, only guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort can utilize this station.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: This station acts as a hub connecting all three Disney Skyliner routes.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: Many guests have said that this station has some of the best views. You’ll soar above the larger-than-life colorful structures of the resort and the lovely Hourglass Lake.
Before you embark on the most magical ride in the skies, check out our Four Itineraries for a Disney Skyliner Gondola Crawl.
Harry Potter Pub Crawl
Whether you're a muggle or already sorted into your Hogwarts house, a Harry Potter themed pub crawl at Universal Orlando is so much fun.
Plan the perfect Harry Potter Pub Crawl for a birthday in Orlando with our itinerary.
- Stop 1 – Three Broomsticks at Islands of Adventure
- Stop 2 – Hog's Head Pub at Islands of Adventure
- Stop 3 – Board the Hogwarts Express Train
- Stop 4 – Ice cream break at Florean Fortescue's at Universal Studios Florida
- Stop 5 – Fountain of Fair Fortune at Universal Studios Florida
Get complete details and additional pub crawl ideas with our How to Have An Epic Universal Harry Potter Pub Crawl guide. We've included our favorite Harry Potter World drinks and snacks, with tips on how to avoid long lines.
Drink Around the World at EPCOT
Perhaps the most popular way to drink at Disney is by drinking around the world at EPCOT. It is also very popular to debate as to whether it is better to start on the Mexico Pavilion side or the Canada pavilion side.
Recommended itinerary for drinking around the world at EPCOT:
- Margaritas at Mexico Pavilion – expect long lines at both La Cava del Tequila and Choza de Margarita (outside)
- Joy of Tea at China Pavilion – Tipsy Ducks in Love is the most popular drink
- Weinkeller or Sommerfest at Germany Pavilion
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse at American Adventure – outdoor bar
- Kabuki Cafe kiosk at Japan Pavilion or Garden House for Sake Cocktails
- Spice Road Table at Morocco Pavilion – grab a draft cider or cocktail at the walk-up bar inside the lobby
- Rose and Crown Pub at United Kingdom Pavilion – try one of the many Pub Blends or cocktails
You may notice not every single pavilion is on this birthday pub crawl. There are 7 stops on the above list which is more than half of the pavilions.
If beer is your focus then explore the Best Places to Grab a Beer in Disney World.
Tips and Reminders:
- Please designate a driver to keep the birthday celebration safe
- Arrange for a taxi or shared ride service if needed
- Stay hydrated: one glass of water per alcoholic beverage is a good rule of thumb
- Universal Orlando CityWalk parking is free after 6pm
- Parking at Disney Resort Hotels technically requires a confirmed dining reservation or hotel reservation- this is especially enforced around big holidays
Feature Image credit: Blue Martini Pointe Orlando