It's time for a festive frolic at Disney. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is returning to Magic Kingdom once again. The 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts on Thursday, November 9, 2023 and runs on select nights until December 22, 2023.
And now, it's not the only Christmas Party at Walt Disney World!
JUST ANNOUNCED! Disney’s Hollywood Studios Christmas Party “Jollywood Nights”
Expert Tips for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Since it has been a few years since the party was fully offered, you'll want to read on to refresh your memory. We have all the details that you need to know and how to have a festive date night at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
2023 Dates and Info
This is the ultimate party to kick off the Christmas season. It has Christmas music, hot chocolate, beautiful décor and even snow, well, Florida’s version of snow.
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and can be purchased online beginning July 6. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 29 on the Walt Disney World website.
Ticket prices will range from $159-$199 per person.
The party dates are:
November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
What rides are open during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
This is a great time to experience all the rides and attractions you love with fewer wait times. The full list of attractions that will be open has not been released, but typically, all the normal rides that are open during the day are open during MVMCP.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- “it’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
Rides with holiday enhancements
- Space Mountain
- Mad Tea Party
- Monsters Inc Comedy Laugh Floor
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- The Jungle Cruise (themed to The Jingle Cruise – holiday version)
There are no opportunities to book Lighting Lane or Genie+ during the event. You just have to wait in line the old-fashioned way. The good news is since this is a limited-capacity event, lines usually aren’t too bad.
What is there to do at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
There are so many rides, shows, characters, sights, and food. You have to make a plan and prioritize, and even then it’s hard to fit it all in.
- Entertainment – Singers and dancers will join Mickey Mouse for nightly shows in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Food – There will be stations set up throughout the park where guests can get free cookies and hot cocoa. There also are special holiday food offerings at various restaurants.
- Parade – Mickey’s Once Upon a Time Christmastime Parade features all your beloved Disney characters as well as gingerbread men, toy soldiers, and a few surprises. Parade times will be released closer to the event, but there tend to be two performances, one around 9pm and another around 11pm.
- Pro-tip: The second parade is less crowded than the first parade.
- Fireworks – Guests at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are treated to an extra special nighttime spectacular – Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show. The schedule is not yet released, but they usually take place around 10pm
- Dance Parties – Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café will have Club Tinsel all night. Over in Tomorrowland Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch will join Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue. Disney Jr. fans will want to head to Storybook Circus to party with Fancy Nancy, Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and The Lion Guard. Specific 2022 offerings are not yet confirmed, check My Disney Experience app for show times.
- Meet Santa – Have your Christmas list ready. Santa will be available for meet-and-greets at the gazebo near Liberty Square. Disney Characters dressed in Christmas attire also will be out greeting guests around the park.
- Admire the décor – The decorations are magnificent and deserve to be admired. From the enormous Christmas tree as you enter the park to the wreaths lining Main Street USA, to the special holiday lighting. There’s something new to discover every time you visit the park. If you go earlier enough in the season, this is the perfect place to take your Christmas card photo!
Make sure you take advantage of the free goodies at this year's Very Merry Party. Each treat station around the park has a different cookie and festive drink pairing, look for the candy cane striped light at the entrance to each station.
- Although the festivities officially begin at 7 p.m., guests with an event ticket can enter the park as early as 4 p.m.
- If your priority is to ride the rides, take advantage of the parade and fireworks. Most guests will be watching these two events, which results in lower wait times for attractions, including meeting characters.
- Make sure you stop at the photo locations around the park. There are multiple spots that allow you to step inside a frame that makes your photo look like a Christmas card.
- Food service starts to close for the night around 10:30pm, especially for anything savory.
We hope you have a magical time celebrating the holidays at Walt Disney World!
Featured image provided courtesy of Walt Disney World