Artsy date night alert! The Tony Award-winning musical Evita takes the stage at Orlando Shakes September 4 – October 6, 2019, retelling the story of Eva Perón’s rise to sainthood.
The iconic musical is set in Argentina between 1934-1952, following Eva Duarte on her rise from a poor and humble childhood to ambitious young actress and wife of Argentine President Juan Perón, making her one of the most powerful women in Latin America. Couples are sure to enjoy this classic rock opera written by award-winning playwright Tim Rice with music by Andrew Lloyd Weber.
The show will kick off Orlando Shakes’ 31st season. Tickets begin at $35.
Special Show Dates:
- Preview Dates: September 4 & 5 at 7:30pm
- Opening Night: September 6 at 7:30pm
- Opening Night Party & Pre-Show Chat Friday, September 6: Arrive at 6:15pm to enjoy free light appetizers, followed by a brief, informative discussion about the creative process with the director and members of the creative team. Free to all opening night ticket holders. No RSVP necessary.
- Senior Matinees: September 11, 18, & 25 and October 2 at 2pm
- Talk Back Performance: September 29 at 2pm
Details + Tickets
Tickets begin at $35 ($25 for senior matinees).
Tickets are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online at orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
Performance dates are September 4 – October 6, 2019, and showtimes are as follows:
- Wednesdays – Saturdays at 7:30pm
- Every Sunday and select Saturdays at 2pm
For full details and to purchase tickets online, visit https://www.orlandoshakes.org/show/evita/.
Special note: Due to the content of this musical, children under 5 years of age will not be admitted to the theater.
To celebrate its culinary delights and to pay tribute to the Orlando production of Evita, we’re hosting an Evita-themed dinner at Orlando Meats, an Ivanhoe Village eatery known for its carnivorous and innovative menu. The dinner will take place on Thursday, September 19 from 7-9:30pm. Tickets are $60 per person, including four courses, wine pairings and a raffle ticket for an Evita ticket drawing.
Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/evita-themed-dinner-encore-event-tickets-70783416103
Disclosure: Orlando Shakes is one of our valued advertising partners.
Feature image credit: c/o Orlando Shakes; all publicity photos of Evita by Megan Pridemore