Here's one for all you closet cookbook collectors and Food Network fanatics: Books and Cooks, an event benefitting the Winter Park Public Library, will bring together a handful of foodie celebrities for a night of food, drink, and discussion.
Moderated by renowned novelist Bob Morris, the panel will feature:
- Chef Norman Van Aken (co-author of My Key West Kitchen)
- James & Julie Petrakis (owners of the Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder)
- Heather McPherson (Orlando Sentinel food editor)
- Eileen Daspin (author of The Manhattan Diet: Lose Weight While Living a Fabulous Life)
- Emily Ellyn (retro rad television chef from Food Network Star)
Enjoy Cask & Larder craft brews, signature cocktails and fine wine during the panel, followed by chow from fan-favorite food trucks.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Keep the fun rolling at the event's after-party, hosted at the Ravenous Pig.Tickets are $75.
Here are the details:
Books and Cooks
Thursday, October 25
Rachel D. Murrah Civic Center
1050 W. Morse Blvd., Winter Park
Visit www.wppl.org for more information.
By the way, you should follow GDO on ODNG.