For more than 30 years, Disney has hosted a spectacular open-air art festival known as the Festival of the Masters. Located at Downtown Disney, this 3-day event features over 150 award-winning local and national artists from all different genres including photography, pottery and watercolor. But it’s no ordinary art festival and here are five reasons why you should grab your main squeeze and get there this weekend:
1) In order to qualify for the exhibition, each artist must have won a primary award in a juried art festival within the last three years. Translation: the art is damn good.
2) There’s live entertainment throughout the event, which is just as eclectic as the art. Don’t be surprised if you also see some of the performers from Cirque de Soleil wandering around.
3) The chalk art sidewalk displays are one of the best elements of the festival. Here you’ll see dozens of artists change 6,000 square feet of sidewalk into a giant canvas. The final product is unreal.
4) The festival also features various interactive activities and live artists at work, which enable you to experience artists creating their masterpieces right before your eyes.
5) It’s FREE… wonderful free. And there’s plenty of free parking too.
I suggest you take at least a couple of hours to visit all of the booths that are set up on every spare inch of space Downtown Disney has available. And maybe even decide ahead of time how much you might like to spend on a special original piece to take home.
Friday, November 11, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 12, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 13, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.