*UPDATED FOR 2017*
By Erica Thomas
There’s no need to travel far to relax and unwind during the long weekend. Why not stay close to home and enjoy some affordable fun? Take your pick from these Memorial Day Weekend Orlando getaways for a staycation to kick off summer!
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive, Orlando
The ‘Holiday Fireworks’ package includes:
• Rates from $199/ night plus tax and gratuity for stays from May 27 – 29
• Upgraded pool view accommodations with premium vistas of the resort firework show
• Complimentary self-parking
• $25 daily resort credit
• “Dive-in” Movie Nights
• Live poolside entertainment
• Use promo code HO9 when booking
Call 800-327-6677 for details and reservations
Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee
Gaylord Palms Resort’s annual SummerFest returns with this year’s Surf In & Rock Out theme. SummerFest is taking place throughout the summer at the Central Florida resort beginning Memorial Day Weekend. This summer-long fete will feature dive-in movies over the pool’s big screen, lawn games, scavenger hunts and seasonal treatments at the Relâche Spa. Rates from $179/night.
SummerFest takes place May 26 – August 13, 2017. For a complete schedule of activities and to book a SummerFest getaway, visit www.GaylordPalms.com/SummerFest or call 407-586-2000.
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
1500 Masters Boulevard, ChampionsGate
The ‘Step Into Summer’ package includes:
• Luxurious Resort Accommodations
• 10% off one night stay
• 15% off two-night stay
• 20% off three-night stay
• 25% off four-night stay
• Resort activities include: weekend splash parties and dive-in movies, cooking demonstrations, golf clinics, and fireworks shows.
Call 407-390-6664 for details and reservations
7593 Gathering Drive, Kissimmee
The ‘Red White & Snooze’ package includes:
• 3-night stay in a Deluxe Villa (from $197/night plus tax and gratuity)
• $50 pre-paid gift card
• Complimentary 2pm late checkout
• Nightly Disney fireworks show viewed from Reunion’s rooftop restaurant, Eleven
Call 866-880-8563 for details and reservations
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Every weekend starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy the “Summer Blast” activities which include: Spa “Happy Hour,” Dive-In Movies, poolside parties, and more. Rates from $152/night.
Call 407-597-3600 for details and reservations
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy “Enchanted Evenings.” Some of the events planned include: live entertainment, special culinary experiences, poolside activities, and private fireworks show for guests.
Call 407-597-5500 for details and reservations
6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando
A recreational haven all its own, the property boasts its own lazy river, zero-entry pools, fire pits (complete with s’mores kits), water slides, quiet adult pools, a revitalizing spa, and seven creative dining options. Florida residents can take advantage of the hotel’s Florida Residents Offer which extends complimentary daily breakfast, premium Wi-Fi and a five percent savings off their stay. Starting rates: $198. Use code “FR2” or “RPFLR2” at time of booking or request the Florida Resident package.
Call 407-313-4300 for details and reservations
The Alfond Inn
300 E New England Ave, Winter Park
The Memorial Day Special includes:
• One-night stay in a Classic room (check-in Sunday, May 28, 2017)
• Complimentary valet parking
• Amenities include: upstairs swimming pool, onsite art collection, Hamilton’s Kitchen, and location within walking distance of Park Ave.
• Rates from $199/night plus tax and gratuity
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
4012 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando
Enjoy a relaxing weekend poolside at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Memorial Day Weekend Poolside activities include live music May 27 – 29, 2017, a Moet ice bar, a balloon artist, and fresh coconuts (with or without rum). There will also be a fireworks show on May 28, 2017, and signature campfire specials will be available at Highball & Harvest. All special events are for resort guests only. Call 407-206-2400 for details and reservations.
JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
4040 Central Florida Pkwy
This resort features plenty of opportunities for a relaxing getaway with a lazy river, family games, arts & crafts, water slide, live entertainment and drink specials. Catch the resort fireworks from the terrace at PRIMO or indulge in a themed buffet dinner at Citron May 27 – 28, 2017 ($34 adults, $14 kids 12 and under).
The ‘Pride and Joy‘ Package includes:
• Deluxe accommodations
• Champagne upon arrival
• Breakfast buffet for two in Citron, or continental breakfast for two through In-Room Dining (not valid for a la carte items)
• Rates begin at $249/night plus tax and gratuity
Call 407-206-2300 for details and reservations.
OUTSIDE OF ORLANDO
Hilton West Palm Beach
600 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach
The ‘Summer of Fun‘ Package includes:
• Complimentary upgrade to a pool view room
• Up to two kids eat free 12 and under from kids menu with paying adult
• 2 gelato vouchers for Provisions
• $25 gift card to Revolutions Bowling at CityPlace
Available May 1 – September 30, 2017.
1500 Reynolds St, Key West
Sitting on the largest private beach in Key West, families at Casa Marina can enjoy the Family Fun package featuring breakfast for four at the oceanfront Sun Sun restaurant and high-speed Wi-Fi with rates starting at $339. Call 305-296-3535 for details and reservations.
W Fort Lauderdale
401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Florida Residents enjoy 25% off the hotel’s best rates in addition to valet parking for one vehicle. Book online, or call 1.877.822.0000 and mention code RESFLOAT. Valid Florida ID required upon check-in.