By Erica Thomas
There’s no need to travel far to relax and unwind during the long weekend. Why not stay close to home and enjoy some affordable fun? Take your pick from these Memorial Day Weekend Orlando getaways for a staycation to kick off summer!
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive, Orlando
The ‘Memorial Day Escape’ package includes:
• $225/ night plus tax and gratuity for stays from May 27 – 30
• Laser/Pool view accommodations with large balconies to watch the firework show
• Complimentary self-parking
• $25 daily resort credit
• “Dive-in” Movie Nights
• Live poolside entertainment
• Use promo code HO9 when booking
Call 800-327-6677 for details and reservations
Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee
Gaylord Palms Resort is hunkering down and preparing for an invasion of Pirates, Princesses, Merfolk and mayhem. SummerFest is taking place throughout the summer at the Central Florida resort beginning Memorial Day Weekend. This summer-long fete will feature dive-in movies over the pool’s big screen, lawn games, scavenger hunts and seasonal treatments at the Relâche Spa. Rates from $154/night.
SummerFest takes place May 27 – August 21, 2016. For a complete schedule of activities and to book a SummerFest getaway, visit www.GaylordPalms.com/SummerFest or call 407-586-2000.
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
1500 Masters Boulevard, ChampionsGate
The ‘102 Days of Summer’ package includes:
• Luxurious Resort Accommodations starting at $209/night plus tax and gratuity
• Complimentary self-parking
• Daily resort service charge waived
• BOGO free on resort activities
• Resort activities include: weekend splash parties and dive-in movies, cooking demonstrations, golf clinics, and fireworks shows.
The ‘Red, White and You’ package includes:
• Luxurious Resort Accommodations starting at $225/night plus tax and gratuity
• Each registered adult receives a flight of 3 wines upon arrival
• Notes on the wines from a Master Sommelier
• Posh turndown service
Call 407-390-6664 for details and reservations
7593 Gathering Drive, Kissimmee
The ‘Memorial Day Package’ package includes:
• 3 nights stay in a Deluxe Villa (starting at $258/night plus tax and gratuity)
• Daily breakfast buffet for 2 adults in the Clubhouse Restaurant
• $50 resort credit per night
• Add a fourth or fifth night for only $165/night
• Nightly Disney fireworks show viewed from Reunion’s rooftop restaurant, Eleven
Call 866-880-8563 for details and reservations
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Every weekend starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy the “Summer Blast” activities which include: Spa “Happy Hour,” Dive-In Movies, poolside parties, and more. Rates from $129/night.
Call 407-597-3600 for details and reservations
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy “Enchanted Evenings.” Some of the events planned include: live entertainment, special culinary experiences, poolside activities, and private fireworks show for guests.
Call 407-597-5500 for details and reservations
6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando
A recreational haven all its own, the property boasts its own lazy river, zero-entry pools, fire pits (complete with s’mores kits), water slides, quiet adult pools, a revitalizing spa, and seven creative dining options. Florida residents can take advantage of the hotel’s Florida Residents Offer which extends complimentary daily breakfast, premium Wi-Fi and a five percent savings off their stay. Starting rates: $109.
Call 407-313-4300 for details and reservations
OUTSIDE OF ORLANDO
Hilton West Palm Beach
600 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach
On Sunday, May 29, enjoy a Memorial Day Cookout from 12-5pm by the pool, including an a la carte menu with family style meals on the hotel lawns with live music and beer specials. The $200 package comes with the standard cabana package- fresh fruit, 4 bottles of water, and a bottle of Wolffer Estate Rose, in addition to the 2 barbecue lunches. Overnight rates start at $139.
1500 Reynolds St, Key West
Sitting on the largest private beach in Key West, families at Casa Marina can enjoy the Family Fun package featuring breakfast for four at the oceanfront Sun Sun restaurant and high-speed Wi-Fi with rates starting at $391. Call 305-296-3535 for details and reservations.
W Fort Lauderdale
401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Head to the W for the Undertow Jam Music Festival happening on the shores of Fort Lauderdale on May 29, 2016. With W Fort Lauderdale’s limited time offer, guests can enjoy two-night accommodations, including two all access VIP passes to the W Fort Lauderdale lounge, two artists meet and greet passes, two exclusively designed Jeremy Scott bucket hats and a W Fort Lauderdale VIP House car ride to the festival. The package can be booked online here before May 29th or by calling 877-822-0000.