*UPDATED FOR 2018*
By Erica Thomas
There’s no need to travel far to relax and unwind during the long weekend. Why not stay close to home and enjoy some affordable fun? Take your pick from these Memorial Day Weekend Orlando getaways for a staycation to kick off summer!
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive, Orlando
The ‘Holiday Fireworks’ package includes:
• Rates from $229/ night plus tax and gratuity for stays from May 25 – 28
• Upgraded pool view accommodations with premium vistas of the resort firework show
• Complimentary self-parking
• $25 daily resort credit
• Use promo code HO9 when booking
Call 800-327-6677 for details and reservations
Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee
Gaylord Palms Resort’s annual SummerFest returns for the summer this Memorial Day weekend! This summer-long fete will feature a surf show, dive-in movies over the pool’s big screen, lawn games, scavenger hunts and seasonal treatments at the Relâche Spa.
The SummerFest package includes:
• Rates from $214/night
• Room accommodations at Gaylord Palms Resort
• One (1) Scavenger Hunt Booklet
• $25 Daily Resort Credit (applicable to restaurants, in-room dining, Cabana rental or spa services)
• Two (2) Pepsi Tumblers including unlimited soda refills during your stay
SummerFest takes place May 25 – August 12, 2018. For a complete schedule of activities and to book a SummerFest getaway, visit www.GaylordPalms.com/SummerFest or call 407-586-2000.
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
1500 Masters Boulevard, ChampionsGate
The ‘Summer Stay & Save’ package includes:
• Luxurious Resort Accommodations
• 10% off one night stay
• 15% off two-night stay
• 20% off three-night stay
• Resort activities include: weekend splash parties and dive-in movies, surrey bike rentals, cooking and mixology demonstrations, golf clinics, and fireworks shows.
Call 407-390-6664 for details and reservations.
7593 Gathering Drive, Kissimmee
The ‘Spring Into Savings’ package includes:
• Rates from $160/night
• 30% off 4+ night stays in 2 and 3 bedroom villas
• 25% off 1-3 night stays in 2 and 3 bedroom villas
• 20% off 1+ night stay in 1 bedroom villas
• Nightly Disney fireworks show viewed from Reunion’s rooftop restaurant, Eleven
• Memorial Day weekend festivities including: Movies under the stars, weekend specials at the spa, poolside BBQ, foot golf and more.
Call 866-880-8563 for details and reservations.
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Every weekend starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy the “Summer Blast” activities which include: Spa “Happy Hour,” Dive-In Movies, poolside parties, and more. Rates from $177/night. Florida Resident offer available.
Call 407-597-3600 for details and reservations.
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy “Summerblast at Waldorf Astoria Orlando.” Some of the events planned include: complimentary champagne, fireside s’mores, live entertainment, poolside activities, and a private fireworks show for guests. The Florida Resident offer includes 12% off the best available rate.
Call 407-597-5500 for details and reservations.
6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando
A recreational haven all its own, the property boasts its own lazy river, zero-entry pools, fire pits (complete with s’mores kits), water slides, quiet adult pools, a revitalizing spa, and seven creative dining options. Florida residents can take advantage of the hotel’s Florida Residents Offer which includes 10% off the best available rate. Use code “RPFLR4” at time of booking or request the Florida Resident package.
Call 407-313-4300 for details and reservations.
The Alfond Inn
300 E New England Ave, Winter Park
The Night at the Museum package includes:
• Two night stay in a Classic Room
• Two art-inspired cocktails in the Lounge
• Winter Park Museum Passes (Entrance to the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art and the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Garden)
• A self-guided tour of the current art installation at The Alfond Inn
• Amenities include: upstairs swimming pool, onsite art collection, Hamilton’s Kitchen, and location within walking distance of Park Ave
• Rates from $239/night plus tax and gratuity
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
4012 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando
Enjoy a relaxing weekend poolside at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Memorial Day Weekend activities include a fireworks show on May 27, 2018, and signature campfire specials will be available at Highball & Harvest. All special events are for resort guests only. Call 407-206-2400 for details and reservations.
JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
4040 Central Florida Pkwy
This resort features plenty of opportunities for a relaxing getaway with a lazy river, family games, arts & crafts, water slide, live entertainment and drink specials. Catch the resort fireworks from the terrace at PRIMO, enjoy poolside activities, or indulge in a themed buffet dinner at Citron May 26 – 27, 2018. There will be a fireworks show on May 27, 2018 for resort guests. Call 407-206-2300 for details and reservations.
OUTSIDE OF ORLANDO
Opal Sands Resort Clearwater Beach
430 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater Beach
Spend a weekend beachfront at this Clearwater Beach resort. Florida Residents can save up to 25% off on stays this spring and summer. Call 855-335-1087 for details and to book. Valid Florida ID required upon check-in.
1500 Reynolds St, Key West
Sitting on the largest private beach in Key West, families at Casa Marina can enjoy the Family Fun package featuring breakfast for four at the oceanfront Sun Sun restaurant and high-speed Wi-Fi with rates starting at $469. Call 305-296-3535 for details and reservations.
W Fort Lauderdale
401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Florida Residents enjoy 25% off the hotel’s best rates in addition to 50% off valet parking for one vehicle. Book online, or call 1.877.822.0000 and mention code RESFLOAT. Valid Florida ID required upon check-in.